The Golden State Warriors are auctioning off a plethora of team-related memorabilia as non-fungible tokens, the team’s first foray into the world of NFTs. The Golden State Warriors Legacy NFT Collection has two series minted on the blockchain: the Warriors Championship Ring NFTs and Commemorative Ticket Stub NFTs, which were designed by artists’ studio Black Madre.
The Championship Ring NFT collection features the Warriors’ six NBA championship rings reproduced as NFTs, with a one-of-one NFT combining all six championships into one NFT. The collection includes:
- 1947 NBA Championship celebrating the first championship in league history
- 1956 NBA Championship
- 1975 NBA Championship
- 2015 NBA Championship
- 2017 NBA Championship
- 2018 NBA Championship
- 1-of-1 Warriors Six-Time NBA Champion Ring
The winning bidder on the one-of-one NFT will also receive a physical ring to be presented on court at a future game. The NFTs will be “paired with live experiences,” the team said, including a Warrior-for-a-Day experience, and proceeds from the auction will benefit the Warriors Community Foundation.
The ticket stub NFT collection includes
- The First Ever NBA Championship (Game 5)
- 1956 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 5)
- 1975 NBA Championship (Game 4)
- We Believe First Round Upset (NBA Playoffs First Round Game 6), 2007
- 2015 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 6)
- Single Season NBA Wins Record (73)
- 2017 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 5)
- 2018 NBA Championship (NBA Finals Game 4)
- Last regular season game at Oracle Arena Warriors vs. Clippers; April 7th, 2019
- First Game at Chase Center – Warriors vs. Clippers; October 24th, 2019
- 1-of-1 Warriors Golden Ticket NFT
The auction — which only will accept the Ethereum cryptocurrency as payment — for the collection is now live and will run through the weekend on GSWNFT.com. Given the Warriors’ large fan base among the techies of Silicon Valley, the foray into NFTs should be a slam dunk for the team.
This isn’t the first NBA appearance in the NFT realm — the NBA Top Shot platform lets fans of the game buy “moments” from NBA history, sort of like digital trading cards. The moment where LeBron James dunked over Nemanja Bjelica in 2019 recently sold for $208,000.
Author: Kim Lyons
Source: Kim Lyons.” The Golden State Warriors are auctioning team memorabilia collections as NFTs”. Retrieved From https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/27/22404223/golden-state-warriors-nft-auctioning-team-memorabilia
All Rights Of This Article Reserved To The Verge