Getting locked out of Windows 10 can be a nightmare. Fortunately, there are a few Windows 10 password reset tools that can help you solve this issue. But you don’t want untrustworthy software to have your Windows password! So, how do you choose the right one
Here are our three favorites that make unlocking Windows 10 easy.
The Best Windows 10 Password Reset Tools
Here are the best tools for resetting your Windows password.
1. PassFab 4WinKey
PassFab 4WinKey is a brilliant Windows 10 password reset tool. It can reset or remove both local and admin passwords as well as help you create or delete windows accounts fast. It works for all desktops and laptops and only takes a single click to create a Windows password reset disk.
- Use with Windows or Mac
- Easy to create a bootable recovery disk, DVD, or USB
- Remove Windows 10 passwords for all user accounts
- Resets forgotten passwords
- Remove or install new Windows 10 accounts easily
- Easy to use for beginners and advanced users
- A single click can create a bootable Windows 10 reset disk
- Helpful support and excellent tutorial walkthroughs
- A reliable choice for all users
- Version specific functions
- Free trial only available from PassFab 4WinKey website.
Why We Like It:
The main reason we like PassFab 4WinKey is that it’s the easiest to use out of the bunch. The support and tutorials are unparalleled, and it also offers some upgraded features that are useful for more advanced users.
Bonus: For a limited time, PassFab 4WinKey is offering MUO readers a 30% discount when they use code PFULTI at checkout.
How to Use PassFab 4WinKey:
Here’s a quick walkthrough of how to use PassFab 4WinKey.
- Download the official PassFab 4WinKey software from the PassFab website.
Choose CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive and insert the appropriate media into the computer to make the boot disk. Click Next.
- You’ll see a message that the media will be erased. If you’re okay with this, click Next.
The burn process will complete and ask you to insert the media into the locked computer.
- Enter the BIOS of the locked computer — usually, this is done by holding a key as you start the computer. Check with your manufacturer for more details.
- Navigate through the BIOS and set Boot Priority to the Windows 10 recovery disk or USB you just made.
Restart the locked system, and select the Windows 10 system to reset. Click Next. From there, you have four options: Remove Account Password, Delete Windows Account, Reset Account Password, and Create A New Account. Select the option you’d like.
- When finished, remove the Windows recovery disk and reboot the system. Your locked computer should now be unlocked.
Ophcrack is a free password reset tool for Windows, Linux, and macOS. The best part of Ophcrack is that it doesn’t require additional purchases. It’s also suitable for recovering shorter passwords.
- Open-source and free
- Windows, Linux, and macOS support
- Analyzes passwords in real-time
- Free, but there is a learning curve
- Can run from both a flash drive or a disk
- Small footprint
- Designed for advanced users
Why We Like It:
Despite its ominous-sounding name, Ophcrack provides several features to help you recover your lost Windows 10 password. It also offers support for Linux, which may be helpful for some people.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of support documentation to comb through to use the tool effectively. That said, once you understand how it works, it has several advanced functions.
Ophcrack is also excellent if you have a password that is less than 14 characters. If your password is shorter than Ophcrack might be able to use its brute force ability to recover your lost password quickly.
If your password is longer than 14 characters, we still recommend PassFab 4WinKey.
3. Microsoft Official Password Reset Disk
If an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, then consider Microsoft’s official password reset disk option like taking your vitamins. In addition, Microsoft’s free Windows 10 password reset tool is excellent for recovering your forgotten password.
The only problem here is that you’ll need to use it before getting locked out of your machine. Our advice: use this every time you change your password or install Windows on a new computer.
- Recover passwords using Microsoft’s official software
- Once disk is created, easily reset passwords with a few clicks
- Microsoft support and walkthroughs
- Free and easy-to-use
- No additional software to download
- Official Microsoft product designed for Windows 10
- You have to use it before you’re locked out of your account
Resetting Windows 10 Passwords Is Easy
All three of the solutions we have covered will help you recover Windows 10 passwords.
To summarize, PassFab 4WinKey is great if you want to create a bootable recovery disk, DVD, or USB and its single click approach makes it easy to use. Ophcrack is great for shorter passwords but does not work so well on long passwords. And the official reset disk works well but is a lot more hassle.
Overall, we think PassFab 4WinKey is the best holistic tool and is the one that you should download.
Author: Matt Hall
Source: Matt Hall.” The Top 3 Windows 10 Password Reset Tools to Recover a Lost Password”. Retrieved From https://www.makeuseof.com/top-windows-10-password-reset-tools/
All Rights Of This Article Reserved To MakeUseOf