Microsoft Teams has quickly risen up through the ranks of video conferencing software, for both business and personal use. This is primarily due to the pandemic that fast-tracked the transition to remote work.
If you’re using a Windows computer, there are multiple ways in which you can install and take advantage of Microsoft Teams.
Install Microsoft Teams Using the Official Installer
One of the easiest and widely used ways of installing Microsoft Teams is by downloading the setup directly from Microsoft’s official website. This ensures you get the latest version of Teams without any malware.
- Open your web browser and go to the official Microsoft Teams Download Page.
- Click on Download for Desktop.
- On the next page, click on Download Teams and wait for the download to be over.
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file.
- Wait for Microsoft Teams to install.
- Enter your Microsoft credentials. Users can also use Windows Hello or a PIN to log in.
- After logging in, Microsoft Teams will prompt you to set a name and a profile.
After installation, Microsoft Teams will automatically launch during startup. So, if you don’t want this to happen, make sure you disable the option using Preferences in the Microsoft Teams interface.
Install Microsoft Teams Using the Command Prompt
The Command Prompt is an awesome Windows utility that lets you perform a wide variety of functions on your Windows computer. It can also be an effective way to diagnose any errors that you may encounter on your computer.
You can also directly install Microsoft Teams using the winget command in Command Prompt. However, you need to have the Windows Package Manager installed on their computer for this to work.
If you have an updated version of Windows 10, you probably already have it installed. Just to be sure, you can double-check the availability of the Windows Package Manager:
- In the Start menu search bar, type “Microsoft Store” and open it.
- In the Microsoft Store search bar, type “App Installer.”
- Ensure that the app, seen in the image above, is installed.
- Close the Microsoft Store.
Alternatively, you can also download the App Installer package from GitHub. It’s not rare for users to run into problems when trying to install an app from the Microsoft Store. Fortunately, these common Microsoft Store issues can be easily resolved.
After ensuring you have the Windows Package Manager installed, follow these steps to install Microsoft Teams on your device.
- In the Start menu search bar, type cmd.
- From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt console, type winget search teams to see whether the Microsoft Teams package is available.
- After this, type winget install Microsoft.Teams and wait for the process to complete.
- Upon completion of the process, launch Microsoft Teams using the desktop icon.
Install Microsoft Teams as a Web App
The fastest way to use Microsoft Teams is by installing it as a web app. This basically creates a shortcut for the browser version of Microsoft Teams on your desktop, eliminating the need to open a web browser every time you have to launch teams.
This does mean that you will not get app-only features, but if you’re using the free version of Teams, you won’t be missing out on anything. It will also save you the time and data needed to download the 115 MB Teams installation package.
Installing a web app is fairly simple, and Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge both support this feature.
Install Microsoft Teams as a Web App Using Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the Microsoft Teams website.
- While you’re on the website, click the Options menu (three dots) on the right-hand corner of Google Chrome.
- Go to More tools > Create shortcut.
- Remember to check the “Open in window” box.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and click on Create.
- You should be able to see a desktop icon for Microsoft Teams.
Install Microsoft Teams as a Web App Using Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge and navigate to the Microsoft Teams website.
- Similar to Chrome, navigate to the options menu in the top right-hand corner of Edge.
- Click on Apps > Install this site as an app.
- Enter a name for your web app and click on Install.
Microsoft Teams Installed and Ready to Go
As is evident from the list above, there are many ways you can install Microsoft Teams on Windows 10. The method you choose depends on what kind of functionality you require and how comfortable you are with the Windows OS.
You can further enhance your Microsoft Teams experience by making use of various tips and tricks.
Author: Manuviraj Godara
Source: Manuviraj Godara.” How to Install Microsoft Teams on Windows 10″. Retrieved From https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-10-microsoft-teams-install/
All Rights Of This Article Reserved To MakeUseOf