Vivaldi is perhaps the most customizable and colorful browser. Thanks to the control it offers, you can dictate how your browsing experience looks like. There are a bunch of options to change the look and feel of your browser, including the theme.
Here, we discuss how to change themes, create custom themes, and schedule them in Vivaldi.
How to Change Vivaldi Themes
To change the theme of your Vivaldi desktop browser, follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Go to the Themes section.
- Click on any of the predefined themes to apply it instantly.
- You can also use a separate theme for Private Window to differentiate it from other ones.
For mobile devices, you can change the Vivaldi theme by the following method:
- Click on the Vivaldi icon beside the search bar.
- Click on Settings and scroll down to Theme in the Appearance section.
- For mobile devices, Vivaldi has three theme options only: Light, Dark, and System default.
- You can choose your theme by clicking on it.
- You can also toggle on Dark Web Pages to view all websites in dark mode and enhance your reading experience.
How to Change Vivaldi's Background Image
After changing your theme, you’ll see an updated toolbar, menus, and tabs. However, it's a good idea to change the background image of the Start Page to go with the new colors of your browser. Here's how to change the background image in Vivaldi.
- In the Themes tab, go to the Background Image section.
- The background images are divided into different categories: Colors, Vivaldi, Nature, Abstract, Playful, Shapes, and Animals.
- Click on the background image you like to select it.
- From the custom section, you can also set a custom image, color, or your desktop wallpaper as the background of the Vivaldi Start Page.
- Below the images, there’s an option to change the image position. By default, it'll be Stretch to Fit. But you can change it to Center or Repeat.
There are other customization options like Contrast, Adjustment, Opacity, Color Saturation, Transparent tabs, and Blur. Similarly, you can also choose to fade the foreground colors.
How to Customize Themes in Vivaldi
Vivaldi aims to give you complete control over how your browser looks. To that end, it allows you to customize their predefined themes. Here’s how to create a custom theme in Vivaldi.
- In the Themes tab, select the theme you want to edit.
- Click on the Edit Theme button.
- Give a name to your custom theme.
- Select the colors for Background, Foreground, Highlight, and Accent. You can do so either with the help of a color picker or directly entering the hex code.
- A great way to spice up your browser is to change the browser’s color to match the color of the active website. To do so, turn on the Accent Color From Active Pages.
- Similarly, if you want the window to match the color of the active website, you can enable Apply Accent Color to Window. When this option is disabled, Vivaldi will only change the tab's color to match that of the website.
- You can also choose whether to keep the tabs transparent or not.
- If you prefer rounded corners, you can adjust the Corner Rounding up to 14 pixels.
- And voilà! Your custom Vivaldi theme is ready.
Though Vivaldi gives you complete control over your browser's appearance, you should keep a few things in mind when designing your custom Vivaldi theme.
First, it's better to use Vivaldi’s default Light or Dark theme as a starting point for your custom theme. Keep the background and foreground colors as muted as possible.
For highlight and accent colors, you may choose what you like. It will take some time before you design the perfect theme. So don't hesitate to experiment and keep trying.
How to Schedule Themes in Vivaldi
Another upside of Vivaldi themes is that you can schedule different themes based on the time of day. By default, you’ll have Use Operating System Theme enabled. This option keeps switching between light and dark themes, depending on the theme of your operating system.
You can choose which theme to display for the light and dark modes. Even better, you can schedule different themes for different times of the day. To do so, select the Schedule Theme to Change option.
By default, this option will have the Vivaldi theme enabled for the daytime and the Dark theme for the nighttime. If you wish to change these themes, you can click on the dropdown menu and choose your preferred theme.
To change the schedule of these them, you can click and drag the sliders to adjust the time. By clicking on the plus icon, you can add more time slots to the schedule and then specify their themes and timings. But, if you want a single theme all day, then you can enable the No Schedule option and stick to your favorite theme, regardless of the time.
This theme scheduling feature makes it easier for you to switch to darker themes at night and protect your eyes from unwanted light.
More Ways to Customize Your Vivaldi Browser
That’s not it. There are more ways you can customize the UI of Vivaldi. If you’ve got Razer Chroma devices plugged into your PC, you can enable theme integration to reflect the color of your browser.
Likewise, there's an option to enable integration with the Philips Hue lighting system. To turn on this feature, check Hue in the Philips Hue Theme Integration section. Then click on Find Bridge for automatic Bridge discovery and select your Bridge. By enabling this option, the color of your light will keep changing with your browser's theme.
Personalize Vivaldi's Appearance
One of the key reasons, Vivaldi has emerged as a popular browser is the control it provides to its users.
From creating your own shortcuts to personalizing the look and feel of your browser, Vivaldi lets you can change almost anything to suit your needs. In addition to theme customizations, Vivaldi also makes it easier to handle your routine work and increases your productivity.
Author: Syed Hammad Mahmood
Source: Syed Hammad Mahmood.” Everything You Need to Know About Vivaldi Themes”. Retrieved From https://www.makeuseof.com/everything-about-vivaldi-themes/
All Rights Of This Article Reserved To MakeUseOf