Often PDF files, especially those downloaded from the internet, are protected by passwords. You’re asked to enter the password each time you want to view the document. This is done to prevent the files from being opened, edited, and printed by unauthorized users.
However, it can be annoying for the rightful owner of the PDF to forget or lose the password. In such cases, you can use password remover tools to get access to your PDF documents.
Types of PDF Passwords
There are two types of passwords used to protect PDF files:
- Owner Password: It’s not mandatory to know the owner’s password to open and view a PDF file. This password is created so that the owner can make changes to their PDF document. In case you don’t have the owner’s password, you will have restricted access to the document. You might not be able to print, edit, or copy. However, with the right software, this type of password can be removed.
- User Password: Also known as an open password, it is only used to prevent people from opening and viewing a PDF file. You cannot access or open a file without the correct password.
How to Remove Password Protection From a PDF File?
You can remove passwords easily with the help of PDF password remover applications and modify your document as you like.
1. Wondershare PDF Password Remover
Wondershare is simple to use and can unencrypt PDF documents within seconds. The tool offers users a user-friendly interface. Its professional PDF password cracker software is compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac.
It’s worth noting that to crack owners passwords, the open password for the encrypted PDF file needs to be entered first.
- It offers batch mode to import up to 200 password-protected PDF files to unencrypt at a time.
- The software supports PDF formats of 1.0-1.7 with 128-bit RC4 decryption.
- It can remove the owner’s password and does not require any PDF application like Adobe Reader.
- It can also repair damaged or corrupt files instantly.
- The software offers a 15-day trial version, after which its premium version it has to be bought.
Smallpdf is an online platform to quickly unlock PDF files. Users just have to drag and drop the file on the tool to unlock it in seconds. Smallpdf is best for those who don’t like to download software to their computers.
The tool also offers 20 other PDF tools that include merging, splitting, rotating, converting, compressing, and other functions. Smallpdf uses 256-bit SSL encryption for file transfers, so there’s no chance of data loss. Also, after the file is transferred from Smallpdf, it gets deleted from the server automatically.
- No need to download.
- Easy to use.
- Some users feel that uploading data over the internet may be risky.
- Only one file can be unlocked at a time.
- Slow when it comes to large PDF files.
3. PassFab for PDF
As one of the best tools to recover lost or forgotten PDF passwords, PassFab offers exceptional and robust performance to its users. With a user-friendly interface, it requires just four steps to remove passwords from a PDF.
As it uses GPU acceleration and multi-core processor technology, PassFab is almost 40 times faster than its fellow competitors. You can use the software with all versions of Adobe Acrobat and other PDF tools, making it versatile.
PassFab uses three recovery methods: dictionary attack, mask attack, and brute-force attack.
- Exceptional user experience.
- Free trials make it cost-effective.
- Guarantees to keep user data safe and secure.
- Does not support Mac.
Download: PassFab for Windows ($49)
GuaPDF is an excellent password retriever for both the user password and owner password on PDF files. It allows you to modify and print PDF documents as per your requirement.
- The software is capable of recovering both owner and user passwords.
- It can be used on most operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Offers a free version.
- It has a complex user interface.
- It is less effective with larger files.
5. Passper for PDF
Passper makes documents accessible for copying, editing, printing, overwriting, and more. As the highest-rated software among users, Passper provides complete security and protection to personal data.
A one-step solution, Passper provides the best solutions to unlock PDFs and is fully compatible with Windows.
- The software gives you the option to pause the process if you have to stop the recovery process in the middle.
- It uses a smart algorithm to make the recovery process fast.
- Compatible with all versions of Adobe Acrobat.
- Does not support Mac.
- Works best with a fast processor and requires more space.
Download: Passper for Windows (Free)
6. iSunshare PDF Password Genius
As a tool to safely bypass PDF encryption, iSunshare offers two paid versions–Standard and Professional. The standard version is slower than the professional version.
The software can recover PDF passwords easily, and supports all formats of PDFs. iSunshare is loaded with advanced algorithms for recovering passwords at high speed, and can decrypt PDF files too.
- High recovery rate, almost up to 100%.
- Users can resume from where they left.
- The professional version is fast.
- Applies four passwords recovery methods.
- Does not support Mac computers.
Download: iSunshare for Windows ($20)
Unlock Your PDFs Easily With Password Remover Tools
Password protection for PDF documents helps keep the important files safe and unchanged. You can use any of the above password remover tools to help unencrypt a PDF document.
A password remover tool removes the encryption, and creates a new protection-free file without any password.
Author: Krishnapriya Agarwal
Source: Krishnapriya Agarwal.” 6 PDF Password Remover Tools to Unlock PDF Files”. Retrieved From https://www.makeuseof.com/pdf-password-remover-tools/
All Rights Of This Article Reserved To MakeUseOf